MeatloafBluff Meat Supply
Chef’s note: This is my friend and brand manager, Dale’s, favourite dish. He once requested just this as a birthday present. It is a delicious combination of both pork and beef mince and is served with polenta or spaghetti.
500g pork mince
500g beef mince
2tsps smoled paprika
2tsps dried oregano
2tsps dried rosemary
2 tsps dried thyme
1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
Salt and black pepper to season
4 tbsps breadcrumbs
2 eggs, beaten
8 – 12 strips of streaky bacon
150g mozzarella, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and loaf tin
- Place the pork and beef mince, paprika, oregano, rosemary, thyme and chilli flakes in a bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Mix all together until well combined.
- Add the breadcrumbs and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Place the mince mixture in the loaf tin and press down. Then layer the bacon across the top and tuck the edges into the sides of the tin.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle over the grated mozzarella and return to the oven on grill for 5 – 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- Serve with Coco’s killer sugo ( page 147 of Something’s Cooking by J Something) and polenta or spaghetti.
By J Something